Who are we?
The professional association The College of Mediators was founded in 2009, following the initiative of 9 authorized mediators who were interested in putting togheter a partnership to better represent their profesionally interests and to promote the idea of mediation.The values in which we believe and which are the base of the our activity, are:
Our goals are:
– representing the professional interests of our members – authorized mediators and/or recognized in Romania under the law;
– promoting the use of mediation as an alternative method of solving all categories of disputes;
– development of the profession of mediator;
– encouraging the practice of mediation at national and international level in all environments that have juristiction in analyzing and solving conflicts.
The measures we apply in order to support the interests of our members, are:
- Active partnership with The Mediation Council
- Continous training for members
- Organizing events to promote mediation at regional and national level
- Attracting resources for implementing pilot projects involving members
We envision this professional association to be
- an open organization, based upon
- Modern leadership
- Team spirit
- Project based management
– having a high degree of autonomy of subsidiaries
– having international openness
Why should you choose The College of Mediators?
– Collegial spirit prevails
- Founding members have no rights in addition to other member
- Peer leadership is supported, president’s mandate is available for 2 years with no right of renewal, and at branches / subsidiaries level, the president’s mandate is available for 1 year time with no right of renewal
– The integrity and reputation of the members endorse the overall quality of the Association
- The Association includes, members who began the mediation activity since 1996 (Anca Ciucă, Adrian Bădilă, Silviu Erușencu) as well as new authorized members.
- The Association has as active members past and present members of the Mediation Council (Anca Ciucă, Arin Avramescu).
- Building consensus is made according to the theory of conflict resolution.
The Statute is available here.